(Did you read that in a Michelle Tanner voice? I hope you did, because that’s how I wrote it.)
Well, I did it. I made the foods. And they were good. And when you read through the list of casualties, they’re not nearly as bad as I expected.
- 2 migraines
- 1 fight with my whole family
- 1 fight with just my mother
- 1 foot burned with hot oil while frying shallots (who does that?)
- 1 middle finger slammed in the folding door of the spice cabinet, which ripped the skin off
- 30-ish f-words said in front of my Gramma, due to aforementioned foot burning and middle finger slamming
Mom made a blueberry pie, our go-to stuffing and the gravy. Gramma made the mashed potatoes, helped prep everything and washed 10,000 dishes. But other than that, I did the rest. Like a boss.
My plan is to recount all the hilarious tales and recipes, one a day for this week. There’s some good stuff in here, especially since we’re just starting the holiday season. Maybe something to try yourself! Maybe something you can burn yourself with or slam your finger while making! Please, be as dumb as me!
First up will be Barefoot Contessa’s Gingerbread Cupcakes.
I started so confident. And immediately fucked them up.